Tuesday, October 30, 2007

PJ's Cozy Creations and Updates

Seventeen days and counting until PJ's Cozy Creations first official Holiday Boutique. And it is pretty much all creating all the time. And everything else is suffering because of it. But we finally got around to taking some pictures of the things we've been working on today so I thought I would share. Here is the group picture with a sampling of the different types of things we've been working on. We just hope that we will be able to sell this stuff to make back some of the money I've invested in it.


And I can't believe I haven't blogged about my other little business venture. But then again, I haven't blogged a lot lately so is it really that surprising? Last month I took the plunge and signed up as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I did it mostly to get the discount on the things I was already buying, but as it turns out, I am doing OK as a business demo too. I have my first workshop on Saturday thanks to my friend Janalee. And as part of our boutique, I will be offering free make and takes and Stampin' Up specials too. Not sure how long it will last, but I do enjoy teaching others the things I love so for now it's a good thing.

In other news, turns out this year's primary program will indeed by my last for now. I was released as Primary President on Sunday. I've actually known for a few weeks this was coming but because there are a few people in my ward who read this blog, I didn't want to post it too soon. When I told A.J. that I wouldn't be going to primary anymore, he asked me for how long I would be gone. I assured him that sometime in the next 8 years, I am sure I will be back in Primary doing something.

While I am really ready for this change, there are lots of things I am going to miss. I love the children in my ward. There isn't a week that goes by that they don't say something that makes me laugh and usually something that makes me think. The kids today know way more about the Book of Mormon and the meat of the Gospel than I ever did as a child.

And it will be really weird to be back in Relief Society again. I know I am going to have to resist the urge to jump up and down in my seat and say "pick me, pick me, I know, I know" when the Relief Society instructor asks a question. But I do think I am going to suggest that we add a wiggle song to the Relief Society meeting. In Primary we use these to settle the kids down. In Relief Society, we need one to wake up and get the blood pumping again! Can't you just see all the ladies in your ward doing "Once there was a Snowman" or "Do as I'm doing?" I think I might be on to something here.

No comments: