Saturday, December 8, 2007

Salt Shaker or Snow Shaker?

Today the salt shaker looks more like the snow shaker. We've had a storm that has just kept giving and giving and giving. Actually, the storm hit on Thursday with a pretty constant stream of rain for about 24 hours. It turned to snow last night and just kept coming. We got about eight inches just today.

I can think of nothing that makes A.J. happier than snow. He can play in it for hours. All he requires is a little hot cocoa afterwards. And if it is Steven's Chocolate Raspberry, all the better.
He especially likes it if our neighbors will come out and play with him too. Addison and McKenna always make everything more fun. And their dad, Ken is just a big kid at heart too and loves to play in the snow the way James and I just don't.
We had a similar storm last Saturday and they played outside for a couple of hours and made this ginormous snowball. Today, they turned that into the a snowman ready to play lineman for the Aggies.James even went out and helped A.J. build a snow fort. Me? I will go outside long enough to take the pictures, than I come right back in to sit by the fire and stay warm. I am just a big wimp!

But I do have to say, there is nothing like fresh Utah powder to put you in a holiday mood. It's so pure and white it just sparkles. Of course in a day or two, it will be ugly, but today I am looking at it and my son playing in the snow shaker.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Can we switch...I sure miss having a white christmas!