Sunday, February 24, 2008

Shiver Me Timbers!

Tomorrow is A.J.'s fifth birthday. To celebrate, we had six of his closest friends over for a Pirate Party yesterday. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun! I found the directions for a great pirate cake at familyfun.com and had to make some modifications so that I could make it work. But I think it turned out really cute. Not professional for sure, but fun nonetheless.I fashioned A.J. a DI pirate costume and our neighbor Jen made some balloon swords. A few extra pirate accessories from the party store rounded out the costumes. We played Parrot, Parrot, Pirate (think Duck, Duck, Goose) and Musical Islands (musical chairs with hoola hoops instead of chairs) and we had a treasure hunt. And of course, in A.J.'s opinion it's not a birthday party if there is no pinata involved. Here's our little swashbucklers ready for battle:I wish I had a picture of the invitation. I still have to get one of those. It was a message in a bottle. Really A.J. had no choice but to have a pirate party. Once I bought the Ahoy Matey set from Stampin' Up last fall, I knew he had to have this party so I could use the set. I'm just glad I was able to convince him it was his idea!

No comments: