Friday, January 11, 2008

Strep Again

A.J. and I just got back from the doctor's office. We both have strep throat. Again!

A.J. never complains about pain. He's has had a yucky nose for almost three weeks and a cough for almost two. The PA we saw took one look at his ears and said they were infected. He actually didn't do a throat culture on him because he kept saying he didn't want that swab down his throat. Who can blame him, it is yucky!

But my quick strep test came back positive. And since I have it, and A.J.'s tonsils are inflamed and his glands are swollen, they are treating him too.

I actually didn't want to go to the doc because I was sure it wasn't strep. I had strep the week of Thanksgiving. I was in way more pain, and I had that achy fever thing going then too. I knew that was strep. None of that this time, just a sore throat, congestion and fatigue. But James suggested I go and then my mom convinced me. After all, it is Friday and did I really want it to go all weekend? And it turns out I was wrong!

The good news is, within eight hours of being on the antibiotic last time I started feeling better. I am counting on that this time too.

No comments: