Saturday, August 18, 2007

Gone Craft Crazy. . . Be back later (maybe)

So I had a thought the other day. It was one of those very dangerous thoughts that starts innocent enough and then explodes all over your life.

I love to create but I never know what to do with the items I make, so I don't create often enough to really get the creative juices flowing. And since I love to shop for crafty things (almost more than I love to create) I have a lot of excess stuff that could be used to create things. So why not take this love of creating and combine it with my over flowing stash and try to make a little money with it all and host a craft boutique at my home in November and maybe start taking a few special orders here and there?

Then I talked my neighbor Jen into joining me on this craft crazy adventure and with in an hour we had a long list of items to make. Once you've discovered mod podge and chipboard, the possibilities are endless. And both of us lay awake at night thinking of other things we should be making and more uses for chipboard coasters.

This morning, we set out on a child-free (oh so rare for both of us) expedition to a few places to check out a few things, get ideas and of course take advantage of any great deals. Our first stop: IKEA, but Robert's Craft and Hobby Lobby just happen to be on the way so we didn't arrive at there until lunch time. (And can I just mention that I was a Hobby Lobby neophyte and now I think I am IN LOVE!) Then on to Tai Pan Trading and by time we got to Joann's we were pretty punchy and everything started looking like a great deal that we couldn't live without. Thank goodness some wisdom kicked in before we got to the cash register. But I think my stash has grown at least 25% just today!

Anyway, we are excited. We already have our first order for some assorted homemade cards for Jen's grandma. And I know we are going to be pretty craft crazy for the next several weeks getting ready for November. But it is great to have something to be excited about. I've been in a bit of a rut since A.J.'s surgery and this has pulled me out of it a little bit.

Now if I could just get my hands on some chipboard coasters. . .

No comments: