Monday, July 23, 2007

My Latest Creation . . .

My dear friend Vicki's birthday is today. Most years, it comes and goes and I some how seem to miss it. This year, she was in town and wanted to swing by and see us. Better not miss this one! She always tells me she likes the things I make (hopefully she isn't being polite since I made her wedding guest book and luncheon favors for her) so I started thinking late last week about something little I could make for her special for her birthday.

Seems like all of these little projects start out small and go from there. Took a visit to Roberts and Michaels just to get the right stuff for the project. Then since A.J. needed one more R&R day, I spent all of my Sunday putting it together. But I am pleased with the way it turned out.




I got the idea from Splitcoast (where else?) but this was my first attempt at modge podging all the sides of something. Actually the altered lunch box didn't take that long, but then I decided to make the matching cards and I am not sure why they seemed to take so long. But she said she loved it and her and husband were talking about where they could put it in their home. Makes the effort worth it.

2 comments:

Lori Ficklin said...

This is SO Vicki. You chose well, Obi-Wan.

THaToNeGiRL said...

I'm so glad my birthday is coming up soon ;) ;) Just playin'!! You're a genius. Good work. Maybe one day you can teach me??