Sunday, July 8, 2007

New Family Pics. . .

Our adoption caseworker suggested a couple of weeks ago that maybe we needed to update our family photo that is attached to our paperwork. Ugh. The last time I took A.J. to Kiddie Kandids it was a nightmare and I only got one shot that was even half way decent. But we decided that the best time to do this whole thing was before A.J.'s surgery since we don't know how long the left side of his face will be immobile after.

It took us two tries at two different studios, but we got a family picture we can live with:
We got some other fun ones too:
I love the one of A.J. and James together! My boys, or as we call them around here, my bubby and my hubby. These must have been pretty important to me yesterday too because I was pretty upset after we left the first studio without a decent shot. And we ended up going to Sandy to get these taken.

I know some people think we do this too much. After all, we just had a great family picture taken a little more than a year ago and not much about our family has changed since then. I even have the same basic haircut! (Uh oh, must be time for a new one.) They do cost a bit of money too. But I also know that I never regret having them either. And I know I won't regret it this time either.

Of course all of this got me thining about our collage that is part of adoption paperwork too-- probably time to update that as well. But our new computer doesn't have Publisher on it so I've been trying out some new digital scrapbooking software. UGH! I don't know why I can't seem to translate scrapbooking from paper to digital and get it to look balanced and nice. Why is it so hard? Or maybe (more like probably) I am just making it too hard!

1 comment:

erica e said...

Great pictures! Hope yall had a good 4th of July!