Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Days 10-12 and the BIG REVEAL

I am so sad to see this secret elf swap come to an end. I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but it's been so fun to have something to open everyday. The last week has been kind of rough around here with my boys (well, one of my boys in particular) and her gifts have made my day, everyday.

So to back track a bit. On Sunday, I had a bit of a dilemma because I had two gifts without day tags on them. And I really didn't want to open day 12's first because I didn't want to spoil the next few days. My Secret Elf found a way to let me know that this is the one I should open first:The wrapping was so cute I almost didn't want to open it. (I said almost. Of course I wanted to see what is inside.) And I wasn't disappointed when I found this:

Homemade Pumpkin Butter. I love all things pumpkin and can't wait to try this out. She included a recipe for a fruit dip that includes this. And the jar is wrapped so cute in Haiku paper too.

Then yesterday, I found this cute thing under my tree:

It's a lip balm holder including an Stampin' Up lip balm. These are really cute and I need to figure out how to make them so I can share it with my customers. And I love this striped paper. It was the first from that pack of paper to get all used up at my house. And the stamp (From this year's Ronald McDonald House set) should have been a clue as to who my elf was, but I didn't catch on. After all, we all got this stamp set at convention.

Then this morning, this cute box was sitting all lonely underneath my tree just crying to be opened:
A box made out of ski slope paper and wrapped up with that wonderful stitched chocolate ribbon and those cute felt flurries. Inside was this wonderful surprise:

A beautiful hand made card with this stamp set that I have always admired but never bought. It accompanied these yummy soaps direct from North Carolina. That means my secret elf is:


Angie!!!! (This picture is of Angie, me and Amy at convention). I got to know Angie at convention this summer. She quickly became one of my favorite people because it seemed like we have so much in common. We were both moms to one (at the time) who's sons have spent time too much time with doctors (although her son has spent way more time than my AJ). And as we talked, our views and experiences seemed very similar. I am lucky to count her among my friends. Thanks Angie for making this holiday season so much fun! Love ya!

And I have to say that I had no idea it was her. I guessed a few different people at different times, but never Angie.

Now almost as fun as opening my gift has been seeing what my elfette has said about her little gifts. Want to see what I made for my elfette? Check out Lisa's blog. I had so much fun being Lisa's elf too. Love ya Lisa!

4 comments:

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Cool! What fun! Great gifts Angie and congrats Paula!

Kathy said...

Paula, I'm so glad for you that you had something to look forward to these past weeks. I know it's really been a rough haul for you. Thanks for letting us be a part of it - I hope you know how much we all love you and want your boys to realize what a wonderful mother they have!
Angie you did a great job as Paula's elf!

Angie said...

Paula,
I had so much fun picking out and making your gifts, and it was even more fun to watch you open them and share with everyone!
I hope you have a blessed Christmas with AJ, Spencer and James! Can't wait for Convention in 2009...

Amy said...

So cool that Angie was your Elf! LOL Convention just changed everything, didn't it! Have a wonderful, snowy Christmas with all your boys! LOL