Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Really Not Looking Like Christmas - yet

Here we are, the 6th of December and I am having a hard time getting that Christmas feeling. The tree is up. I've been listening to Christmas music non stop for the last week. I've been to two Christmas parties. Lots of shopping is done. My secret elf gifts are done and en route. Still not feeling that Christmas spirit yet.

Why, you ask? This afternoon when I came home, A.J. was playing outside. He was wearing shorts and a tee shirt and no shoes. It is December 6. In Utah. What the heck? I did make him put on his shoes and he added a jacket. But the jacket wasn't totally necessary. His friends didn't have them on.
I am not complaining really. As a California girl at heart, I can live without the traditional cold and snow that come with winter in the salt shaker. But after living here for 15 years, I just can't get into that Christmas feeling without it.

Never fear though, Monday it is suppose to snow. And by time I pick A.J. et al up from school, I will be cursing the white stuff. But at least it will feel more like Christmas.

No comments: